MAURITIUS - Crystal Rock & Paradis beach

Its been almost 8 months since we set foot on Mauritian soil.  And let me be the first to say how incredibly difficult those first 3/4 months were.  Relocating and moving to a new country is anything but easy (even when that country is a paradise!)  But time allows one to settle and grow into ones new space and surroundings.  It really was only around month 4 that I started appreciating what we had and the enormous opportunities it presented to all of us, most of all Ethan.  He was born for the water and everything beach and swimming related.  So I needn't explain to you what this has done for his activity and entertainment levels! (less angry birds...more outdoors, walking, swimming, playing)  

I won't bore you with all the details, but I can say that Mauritius is so much more than what I thought it would be.  Besides being the paradise everyone spoke of, the people are warm, friendly and eternally helpful.  We have managed to make new friends and spend oodles of family time together.  (now if only I can find a way to relocate all my family and South African friends out this side!!! :-)

I'll be posting some individual blogs about different parts of the Island that we've visited.  If you're planning a trip to Mauritius, you will not be sorry.  But a word of advice.  Hire a car and explore a little, the hotels are beautiful..but there are so many more spots that will surprise and delight you.

These pics were taken on a speed boat trip we took while my mom was visiting.  









Comments

  1. Beautiful glad you popped up again. love to you, Simon and Ethan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts